Pregnancy is a time of amazing changes.
As expectant mums we all want to provide the best opportunities for baby’s growth and development and enjoy the healthiest pregnancy possible. Consulting a naturopath specializing in pregnancy care can help provide clarity and confidence during your pregnancy where otherwise you may feel overwhelmed by all the information available.
The changing demands of pregnancy require some adjustments to the supplements and remedies you may have been taking during your preconception stage, you will need to continue eating carefully and consciously now you are pregnant as you are the sole source of nutrition for baby’s growth. Your lifestyle, stress levels and environment is also important.
My purpose is to help you enjoy a healthy pregnancy by:
* Helping you create a nutritious pregnancy diet to support you and your baby
* Guide you through lifestyle changes and exercise choices in the different stages of pregnancy
* Identifying your changing nutritional needs and supplement prescriptions through the different stages of your pregnancy
* Preparing you for birth and supporting you in recovery and breastfeeding
Common pregnancy complaints I can help prevent and treat:
* Nausea and vomiting
* Haemorrhoids and Varicose veins
* Restless legs
* Heartburn and Reflux
* Fluid retention
* High blood pressure
* Sciatica and back pain
* Carpal tunnel syndrome
* Breech presentation
* Small for dates or intrauterine growth restriction
* Natural induction methods
* Birth preparation
I can work as part of your pregnancy and birth team to help you enjoy your healthiest possible pregnancy, to give birth to a healthy, happy baby with low risks of allergies, behavioural or learning problems, frequent illness and more serious concerns. We support you toward an easy uncomplicated birth and a problem-free breastfeeding relationship and close bonding with your baby.