If you've been trying to conceive for a while, with no clear cause for your struggle to get pregnant, you may have been diagnosed with unexplained infertility.
Even if you haven't received this diagnosis and you're feeling like you're doing everything right, but you're still not pregnant, I want to tell you something.
I disagree with the diagnosis of unexplained infertility...
For 3 main reasons-
1. It leaves women and couples feeling utterly defeated - with nothing to put their energy and effort into to improve chances of conception.
2. Its lazy, narrow minded case taking. There's always a reason. But conventional testing doesn't always highlight it. Or, there are multiple smaller issues all adding up to very low chances of success each cycle.
3. It often drives women or couples to start IVF before they need to…
What's more, If these issues aren't resolved then the results from IVF cycles may be poor. Because IVF meds and procedures cannot overcome the impact of inflammation and oxidative stress on your egg quality, sperm quality, embryo quality and implantation success.
We know now that 70% of unexplained fertility is linked to systemic inflammation and oxidative stress; often caused by an imbalance in the gut microbiome.😬😬
Ignoring or overlooking gut health issues while you're trying to conceive can have a devastating impact on your fertility journey.
It can cause a much longer time to your positive pregnancy test, it can also cause higher risk of miscarriage.
… and its happening all the time.
Gut Microbiome Imbalances can cause -
* Leaky gut syndrome * Poor estrogen metabolism * Immune system imbalance * Vaginal & uterine microbiome issues * Inflammatory infertility * Autoimmune activation
When this happens you have a greater risk of these fertility issues -
* Progesterone deficiency * Poor egg quality * Implantation failure * Endo flares * PCOS activation * Increased miscarriage risk * Antisperm antibodies
So how do you know if your gut microbiome could be imbalanced?
Sometimes the symptoms are clear and obvious.
Sometimes the symptoms are minor, or have been going on for so long, you don't even realize these are symptoms that something is wrong.
Start by asking yourself if any of the below symptoms sound familiar;
Bloating and gas
Abdominal pain or tenderness
Loose stools or diarrhoea
Food intolerances and allergies
Unexplained weight gain or weight loss
If some of these symptoms are familiar, you may be in the process of uncovering a major cause of your fertility struggles.
As much as this might feel like one more mountain to climb on the way to finally celebrating the arrival of your baby..
BUT, the other way of looking at this is, correcting your gut microbiome could change the foundations of your fertility, and massively improve your chance of a successful conception!
Wondering what to do next?
I teach you how to optimize your gut microbiome, how to heal your gut lining and what foods to eat and avoid to overcome gut related fertility blocks in Well Conceived, I’ll be opening the doors again soon!